Have you been experiencing any of the following problems with your hands?
- Reduced movement/increased stiffness
- Changes in muscle tone
- Changes in sensation/touch/feeling
If you answered YES to any of these problems, then the DPV Health Hand Therapy Program may be for you.
What is the DPV Health Hand Therapy Program?
The Hand Therapy Program is aimed at helping you manage your chronic hand/upper limb condition. A chronic condition is an injury, disease or limitation that develops gradually and persists over time. The pain and other symptoms may be mild or severe in nature and tends to impact your day-to-day functioning.
The Program involves assessment of your hand/upper limb condition and designing a therapy program tailored to assist you in achieving your goals, be it improving your quality of life, reducing your pain or gaining independence in your daily activities.
Program 1 – Group Sessions
- 12-week Group program
- Some of the benefits of this program include:
- Build your hand, wrist and upper limb strength
- Maximise your range of movement
- Reduce pain and stiffness, increase blood flow with paraffin wax therapy
- Share and learn from the experiences of your community peers
- Trialling equipment and aids of daily living
Program 2 – One-on-one sessions
These tend to be more helpful for clients who require:
- Close monitoring
- Custom splinting
- Hands-on treatment
- Have complex hand conditions
This service is delivered as two separate programs.
For more information call the DPV Health Intake Team on: 1300 234 263 and select option 4, then option 1.
Fees may apply.
Your fee will be determined prior to your first service.
- Our service is available to individuals 18 years and over, with chronic hand/upper limb conditions.
- Individuals receiving funding under DVA, Work Cover or TAC may NOT be eligible for the program.
We accept referrals from clients, GPs, health care professionals or family members.
Clients over 65 years – need to contact My Aged Care (MAC) and request for a referral to DPV Health Clients under 65 years – can self-refer by contacting DPV Health.
To book call the DPV Health Intake Team on: 1300 234 263 and select option 4, then option 1..
Interpreters are available. If you require an interpreter, please let our staff know at the time of making an appointment.