The DPV Health Paediatric Dietetics team is committed to helping children to grow and be healthy, with a focus on Healthy Eating for good healthy, growth and development. A Paediatric Dietitian works with your child and your family to ensure your child is able to meet their nutritional needs. Nutrition plays a very important part in your child's growth, development and learning.
We provide services to children aged 0-12 years. Our services include:
- Therapy (group or individual)
- Education to families, carers and professionals
- Liaison with others involved in your child’s care; including a Maternal and Child Health Nurse, kinder and school
- Referrals to other healthcare professionals, if needed
We will work with you and your child to increase the nutritional quality of your child’s diet, increase the variety in your child’s diet, increase wellbeing through managing symptoms such as constipation, provide support and ideas for healthy meals you can prepare, and monitor and support expected growth and development through the nutritional adequacy of your child’s diet.
We can assist you with:
- Fussy, selective, or poor eating
- Managing food allergies and intolerances
- Introducing solids, and assisting with progressing through to textured foods
- Underweight or poor growth
- Bowel problems; constipation
- Concerns about general healthy eating
Our service is available to children aged 0-12 years. Eligibility for ongoing care is determined at the initial assessment.
Fees may apply.
To make an appointment, please contact our Intake Service between 9am and 5pm on 9409 8724.
We accept self-referrals, also referrals from your GP, paediatricians, specialists, a Maternal and Child Health Nurse or other health professional, carers or family members.
Health professionals are requested to send referrals by:
- E-referral via Connecting Care
- Fax 9408 9508
- Post to PO Box 82
Wait lists will apply. Priority is given according to the urgency and severity of your child’s condition.
For current clients who would like to book or cancel appointments, contact Reception on 9409 8787.
Interpreters are available, if required.