DPV Health provides adult community programs that offer individualised person-centred opportunities and tailored support for our clients. We work with you to help achieve your life goals and aspirations. We understand what is important to you, and use this information to develop responses to ensure that you have choice and control in your life.
You may want to learn a new skill, maintain your current skills and independence, or improve your health and wellbeing. We will work with you to understand your needs in order to live a full, meaningful, happy and confident life. And we encourage and support you to learn and maintain relationships, develop new friendships and engage in your community.
Our services are provided by a team of experienced professionals who focus on the following important areas of need and we will support you to:
Assistance to access community, social and recreational activities
- Be involved in your local community by participating in local groups or events
- Explore recreational, creative and sporting preferences
- Maintain or develop new skills
- Link to employment or educational opportunities
- Plan holidays or important social events
Increased social and community participation
- Develop and build skills (individually or in small groups)
- Benefit from mentoring and peer support to develop capability for community participation
Assistance with daily life in the community, education and at work
- Increase your community access (delivered in a variety of settings to assist you to participate in daily life)
- Utilise our support to link to employment or educational opportunities
Our programs and activities may include work skills, woodwork, gardening, independent living skills, volunteering, communication, sensory awareness, numeracy and literacy, computers and tablets, swimming, general outings, sports, travel training, cooking, art and craft, healthy lifestyle, specialised one-to-one support, or other programs you may want to suggest. The choice is yours.
Our service is available to people who: are aged 18-64 years, have an intellectual, physical or sensor disability, have a current NDIS Plan, have purchased one or more NDIS support categories including:
- improved daily living skills
- increased social and community participation
- improved relationships
- improved health and wellbeing
- improved life choices
- assistance to access community, social and recreational activities
Our services are available to you if you live in the areas of Whittlesea, City of Banyule, City of Darebin, City of Yarra, or Nillumbik Shire.
If you live outside these areas, if you are eligible for disability services, or if you meet the criteria of the Disability Act 2006 but do not yet have a plan with NDIS, you may discuss possible options with our Client and Services Connection worker (see number below).
Fees apply – The National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) sets price controls for some supports including in client plans
To book an appointment, call our Client and Services Connection worker on telephone 9407 9699.
Interpreters are available if required.