Paediatric Occupational Therapy
We offer support to children who are experiencing delay in one developmental area, and we will work in partnership with you and/or your child to assist your child in participating in everyday activities at home, pre-school, school, and/or in the community.
A referral should be made to a Paediatric Occupational Therapist if a child is having difficulties with:
- Fine motor and hand skills: dexterity, grasping, holding a pencil
- Visual-motor skills and handwriting: copying shapes and letters
- Self-care skills: getting dressed, using cutlery, toileting, fasteners
- Sensory/motor integration skills: sensitivities to textures, poor balance, clumsy, fearful of, or seeking movement e.g. swings
- Visual-perceptual skills: discriminating shapes, letters, numbers, matching skills
- Coordination and gross motor skills: hopping, skipping, catching a ball, posture
Following an assessment of your child, we will work with you to create an Occupational Therapy Care Plan. The plan is a written agreement about how we can work together to help your child best achieve the agreed goals.
A child’s therapy program may consist of one or more options including group therapy, individual sessions, blocks of therapy, a home program, monitoring, review, kinder and school visits, or referral to other services.
We value working in partnership with families and care providers to assist children to achieve greater independence, develop skills and support participation in age-appropriate activities.
For more information on fees click here.
Who can use this service
This service is for children aged 0 – 8 years with mild to moderate delay in mainly one developmental area.
We accept self-referrals, and referrals from GPs, paediatricians, specialists, maternal and child health nurses, other health professionals, carers and early years educators.
For children who require long-term therapy or have a disability, we can help you to access more appropriate services for their needs, such as our Early Childhood Intervention Service or the NDIS (National Disability Insurance Scheme).
How to make an appointment
To book call 1300 234 263 (select option 4).
Click below to download the flyer.