A comprehensive assessment of your health
A regular health assessment will help you stay healthier for longer by taking a preventative approach that can nip any potential problems in the bud. Our doctors conduct a range of tests and treatments depending on your medical history and pre-existing risk factors.
Health assessments are an opportunity for your doctor to check your health. Our doctor will take the time to discuss not only your health, but also your general wellbeing and social supports.
During the assessment, your doctor will thoroughly assess your health, and review any medications you are taking. You may receive tests for common conditions, and any immunisations recommended for your age group and situation.
The Australian Government recommends that older people, and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders receive annual health checks.
It is important to get a health assessment to avoid common health conditions related to your age, gender, or other factors. Health assessments can reduce your risk of a range of diseases including diabetes, heart disease, asthma, cancer, and stroke.
The health assessment helps to identify conditions early, which increases the likelihood of successful recovery or management. Health assessments will help to manage chronic conditions you have. If you are on medication, your doctor will check that the medication and dosage are still right for you, and make changes if needed. Above all, health assessments provide peace of mind, and ensure that you are receiving the care you need to maintain your health.
A health assessment includes:
- Information collection, including taking your history and undertaking or arranging examinations and investigations
- Making an overall assessment of you
- Recommending appropriate interventions
- Providing advice and information to you
- Keeping a record of the health assessment, and offering you a written report about the health assessment, with recommendations about matters covered by the health assessment
- Offering your carer (if any, and if your Doctor considers it appropriate and if your consent) a copy of the report or extracts of the report relevant to the carer
For more information on Medicare Benefits Schedule and what is included click here
Bulk billing is available. All fees are set by individual doctors. Please enquiry about the fees at the time of making an appointment.
Medical services for refugees and asylum seekers are at no cost to the patient.
For patient information & fees click here.