We provide full assessment and treatment options.
Our Audiologists are committed to focusing on your needs and providing you with diagnostic hearing assessments.
We will work in close partnership with you and/or your child, to identify your hearing status and needs. At this full assessment, we look at your child’s ear health and hearing levels. You will receive the results at the appointment, and a letter will be sent to the referrer and any other parties, at your request.
We work closely with other professionals and organisations, including Paediatricians, GPs, Ear, Nose and Throat Specialists and Hearing Australia. We also collaborate with the Victorian Infant Hearing Screening Program (VIHSP) and provide diagnostic assessments for newborns, following the hearing screen in hospital.
Signs of hearing loss
You should seek a referral to the DPV Health Audiology service for a hearing test if you notice any of the following signs or symptoms.
- Has concerns about their speech/language development
- Has frequent ear infections
- Often asks for repeats or says ‘huh’ or ‘what’
- Has difficulty concentrating, paying attention, or has behavioral problems
- Sits close to the television
- Shouts or whispers when talking
- Has trouble hearing in background noise
- Need the television turned-up loud
- Has difficulty hearing over the telephone
- Hearing buzzing, ringing or hissing noises in the ear
This is a free service.
Who can use this service
The service is available to all ages. We accept self-referral or GP/Hospital/Maternal Child Health Nurse referral.
How to make an appointment
To book call 1300 234 263 (select option 4) or fill in the contact us form below. Interpreters are available if required.
Referral information for Health Professionals can be found here.