The DPV Health Audiology Service provides a quality hearing service for infants, children and adults of all ages. Our Audiologists are committed to focusing on your needs and providing you with diagnostic hearing assessments.
We will work in close partnership with you and/or your child, to identify your hearing status and needs. At this full assessment, we look at your child’s ear health and hearing levels. You will receive the results at the appointment, and a letter will be sent to the referrer and any other parties, at your request. We work closely with other professionals and organisations, including Paediatricians, GPs Ear, Nose and Throat Specialists and Australian Hearing. We also collaborate with the Victorian Infant Hearing Screening Program (VIHSP) and provide diagnostic assessments for newborns, following the hearing screen in hospital.
Research shows that finding a hearing loss at a young age helps with better speech and language development, enhances school performance and improves employment outcomes later in life. This is why it is important to discover a hearing problem as early as possible.
You should seek a referral to the DPV Health Audiology service for a hearing test if you notice any of the following signs or symptoms.
- Has concerns about their speech/language development
- Has frequent ear infections
- Often asks for repeats or says ‘huh’ or ‘what’
- Has difficulty concentrating, paying attention, or has behavioural problems
- Sits close to the television
- Shouts or whispers when talking
- Has trouble hearing in background noise
- Need the television turned-up loud
- Has difficulty hearing over the telephone
- Hearing buzzing, ringing or hissing noises in the ear
Please note: We do not fit hearing aids, but we can refer you to the appropriate service if required.
Our Audiology team members provide services to all ages. Please contact our Intake team to discuss your needs.
The DPV Health Audiology Service provides a Bulk Billing Clinic if you have a Medicare card.
A fee applies to attend the Private Clinic.
Please note: The Bulk Billing Clinic has a waiting list for appointments.
A formal referral is not required to access the service. We accept self-referrals. We also accept referrals from your GP, Specialists, Teachers, Parents/Caregivers, a Maternal and Child Health Nurse, or other Health Professionals.
To book an appointment, please call our Intake Team on 1300 234 263 to discuss making a referral to the DPV Health Audiology Service.
Health professionals are requested to send referrals by:
- Fax 8339 9898 for City of Hume Locations
- Post to PO Box 197 Glenroy 3046 for City of Hume locations
For current clients who would like to book or cancel appointments, contact Reception on 1300 234 263.
The following information is required at the time of referral:
- Date of birth
- Current address and telephone number
- Parent/Caregiver name/s, if appropriate
- Medicare card number
- Reason for referral
- Any other relevant information
Waiting lists apply. Priority is given to some clients; i.e. newborns.
An Interpreter Service is available, if required.