We offer an extensive range of specialised services for children's health.
DPV Health provides quality, evidence-based interventions and strategies to improve the health, development, wellbeing and safety of children, using a family-centred approach.
This involves improving the capacity of those people closest and most significant to the child – their families, parents and carers. The team are able to see children up to the age of twelve (unless otherwise specified) requiring the following services: Speech Pathology, Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, Developmental Psychology, Dietetics, Allied Health Assistance and Audiology.
Psychology & Counselling
The Psychology & Counselling service helps to support positive behaviour, learning and development for children aged 0-6 years and their families/carers on issues relating to behaviour, relationships, emotional wellbeing, learning and development.
Nutrition and Dietetics
DPV Health Paediatric Dietetics provide services to children aged 0 – 12 years. The service uses a family-centred approach to focus on healthy eating for positive growth and development.
The Paediatric Occupational Therapists (OT) at DPV Health provide service for children aged 0-6 years. The OT’s work within a family centred and community capacity building approach to assist children to participate in everyday activities, at home, pre-school, and /or in their communities.
- Fine motor and hand skills: dexterity, grasping, holding a pencil
- Visual-motor skills and handwriting: copying shapes and letters
- Self-care skills: getting dressed, using cutlery, toileting, fasteners
- Sensory/motor integration skills: sensitivities to textures, poor balance, clumsy, fearful of, or seeking movement e.g. swings
- Visual-perceptual skills: discriminating shapes, letters, numbers, matching skills
- Coordination and gross motor skills: hopping, skipping, catching a ball, posture
DPV Health Paediatric Physiotherapy provide services to children aged 0 – 12 years. Our physiotherapists use a family centred approach to support babies and children to improve their mobility, strength, balance and daily home and school activities.
DPV Health Paediatric Speech Pathology provide services to children aged 0 to school age. Our speech pathologists work within a family-centred and capacity-building approach, with the following areas:
- Articulation/phonology; producing speech-sounds correctly
- Receptive language; understanding what others say
- Expressive language; using words to form sentences and express ideas
- Fluency; producing a smooth flow of speech
- Voice; using an appropriate voice quality
- Pragmatics; understanding and using appropriate social communication skills
Our audiologists work in close partnership with families and children, to identify hearing status and needs. At this full assessment, audiologists look at children’s ear health and hearing level.
Allied Health Assistance / Family Engagement Officer
Our Allied Health Assistants support team clinicians with the administrative team functions including wait list management, confirmation of appointments, preparation of rooms and resources.
See below for range of Child and Youth services & programs offered at DPV Health.