At DPV Health, our staff of professional social workers, psychologists and mental health nurses are available to provide high quality counselling, psychology and social work services to you. We offer face-to-face counselling, assessment and group work for all members of the community. Our team will assist you to address personal issues in a respectful, empathic, non-judgmental way.
You and your Counsellor decide on your counselling care. Counselling may help you to manage stress, find a way to cope, build on strengths, develop healthier lifestyles and explore alternative solutions to the issues you are confronting.
Our counsellors at DPV Health offer services tailored to your needs by integrating the best research evidence and experience, together with your wishes and preferences. We are experienced to help you in the following areas:
- Lifestyle changes related to illness
- Loss and grief
- Stress management
- Family violence
- Effects of trauma
- General advocacy
- Support advocacy and counselling for Refugee and Asylum Seekers
- Other relationship or personal issues you may need to discuss
Our counselling services provide:
- Safe, respectful and confidential services
- Single-sessions, with option to continue
- A focus on client-directed goals
- Information and links to other appropriate community agencies
- Groups for women affected by Family Violence; Looking Forward, Keeping Safe, Strong and Smart
- Groups for parents requiring support in parenting children; Tuning into Kids/Teens
- Groups for Refugee and Asylum Seekers; Rebuilding our Life in Australia
- Self-care Art Therapy Workshops for community groups, volunteers and staff
Telehealth – Video & Phone appointments available.
For more information CLICK HERE
Our services are available to people aged 18 years and over, residing in the cities of Hume and Whittlesea.
The DPV Health Counselling, Psychology and social Work Services is offered as a free service.
We accept referrals from NDIS recipients and carers. No GP referral is necessary.
If you would like information, phone the Intake Service between 9am and 5pm on:
- 1300 234 263 for the City of Hume Intake
- 9409 8724 for the City of Whittlesea Intake
Interpreters are available free of charge.