Telehealth – Video & Phone appointments for Medical and Healthcare Services
Your Health, Your Way.
DPV Health believe in providing you with choice and control on how you receive your health care, and now more than ever, choice is of highest importance.
The Coronavirus pandemic has created a challenge for health care providers to offer services to the community in a way that is accessible and safe. Telehealth or online and phone healthcare service is a great solution to ensure continuity of healthcare services to people who have been identified as highest risk of contracting the virus or cannot attend a healthcare centre.
What is Telehealth services and why use it?
Telehealth is a healthcare appointment by video or phone that directly connects you with your medical specialist, allied health professional or nurse. DPV Health connects you with the Telehealth service using Microsoft TEAM or Health Engine (medical only) and your smart phone, tablet or computer. The standard option of having a consultation over the phone is also available.
- Convenience to access healthcare services from anywhere, without being physically present in the room
- A safe environment with no risk of spreading the virus
- No “out of pocket” costs to clients (bulk billed)
- Fast, high-quality care
- Reduced overall cost associated with travel, parking, childcare and taking time off work
- Contact with your health care professional when a face to face appointment is not deemed necessary
- Ability to practice social distancing
- Increased access to care for those having to travel great distances or where services aren’t available
- Flexible and convenient “follow-up” care for check-ups and education
- Free interpreter services
Telehealth does not eliminate the need for visits to a healthcare professional. There are a few healthcare conditions and services that cannot be diagnosed or delivered without the presence of the client.
What DPV Health services are available using Telehealth?
- Medical-General Practitioners and Nurses
- Allied Health Services Including:
- Psychology and Counselling
- Speech Pathology
- Occupational Therapy
- Community Asthma Education
- Diabetics Education
- Exercise Physiology
- NDIS Disability Support Services
- Social Support and Healthcare Programs
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health
How to make an appointment with DPV Health using Telehealth services?
For Medical Services you can book online 24/7 via Health Engine by clicking on locations below:
for all other Health Services follow these steps:
Step 1 – Call 1300 234 263. Our Service Support representative will provide you with all the details you need to set up your Telehealth appointment. You can choose to have a regular phone appointment or a video consultation.
Step 2 – You will receive an email with a link to set up Telehealth service on your device. The link will provide detailed steps and instructions to download and install the Microsoft Teams app on your phone, tablet or computer.
Step 3 – Once set up select the invite link provided in your appointment email or text to enter the virtual waiting room. Your health professional will join the meeting at the scheduled time.
How to prepare for your Telehealth appointment?
- Choose a quiet, well lit room for your appointment. Do not sit directly in front of open windows or other bright light sources.
- Ensure you are in a quiet space, free of distraction and noise.
- 5 minutes before your appointment, open the Telehealth application on your device and select ‘Join Microsoft Team Meeting’.
- Do a test-call to ensure your microphone and web camera are set up correctly for the call.
- You may have to wait for your health professional to join you. Whilst waiting you will either see a blank screen within the application, or see yourself until your health professional dials in. As with any medical appointment, sometimes there may be delays.
- When you have finished your consultation, close the Telehealth application.
Can I get my prescription issued via Telehealth services?
Yes, our GP’s can fax through your script to your local Pharmacy for collection. With many Pharmacies now offering home delivery services you can organize your medication to be sent straight to your door. Please speak to your GP for more information.
The service is at the discretion of the doctor for existing clients who have a recent history of receiving a prescription for a known condition.
To book an appointment call 1300 234 263
Select language below to download the Telehealth brochure:
All Telehealth appointments are private, confidential and adhere to the same clinical standards as face-to-face consultations at DPV Health.
If the connection is interrupted or lost, the appointment will be continued by telephone or another appointment time will be booked.
If your appointment needs to be rescheduled, we will organise a new date and time.
If you are running late, we cannot guarantee that a clinician will be available at a different time. Please ensure that you start the Telehealth call at least 5 minutes before your appointment.
- Access to a computer, iPad, smart phone or other device
- A good internet connection
- A private, well lit area
- Web camera, speakers and a microphone
Yes, your family or carer can attend your Telehealth appointment.