- Are you well connected within your community?
- Are you looking for ways to actively engage with your community?
- Do you want to build your leadership skills and help improve the health outcomes for your community?
Apply to be part of the DPV Health Community Connectors Program!
About the program
DPV Health, in partnership with Bank of IDEAS, is offering a free community leadership program for emerging leaders with a passion for building their skills and the health knowledge in their community.
The DPV Health Community Connectors – Leadership Training, is an eight-week’ online program starting in November 2020. By participating, you will:
- Learn how to mobilise the community, how to seek funding for community projects, and ways for your community to get involved
- Get trained on many topics related to health and services, social inclusion, gender equity, and COVID initiatives
- Build a network with like-minded people across Hume and Whittlesea
- Partner with DPV Health to share your knowledge and develop programs tailored to your community.
The Community Connectors Program is a 12-month volunteer program.
DPV Health Community Connectors will receive:
- A certificate upon completion
- An honorarium for attending each training session
- Ongoing DPV Health support to share learnings with your community
- We invite applications from members from diverse communities, especially refugees & asylum seekers, LGBTIQ+ people, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people with disabilities. Applicants must be 18 years or above.
We invite applications from members from diverse communities, especially refugees & asylum seekers, LGBTIQ+ people, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people with disabilities. Applicants must be 18 years or above.
How to Register
For more details, attend the online information session on 19 November 2020 at 6:00pm.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
Applications close 20 November 2020.
- Click here for a detailed position description of the Community Connectors role.
- Click here to book your spot at the program.