The DPV Health team aims to strengthen your ability to identify what you like, take control, make choices and manage the supports you receive.
We know this can be overwhelming for you, your family or the people who support you, so we are here to help you. Our team has many years of experience in assisting people and their families to manage their NDIS packages. We can assist you to strengthen and enhance your capacity to manage your NDIS package, provide assistance, resolve problems or issues that arise with supports.
Our Support Coordinator will work with people who require support and assistance to implement their NDIS plan. We aim to build your capacity to coordinate and implement your support services, as outlined in your NDIS package.
At DPV Health we provide:
- Assistance to strengthen your ability to coordinate supports and participate in the community for people with complex needs
Specialist Support Coordination
- Assistance to strengthen your ability to coordinate supports and participate in the community for people with complex needs and a high-risk situation
Our team of experienced professionals will focus on the important areas of need in your daily life. You choose what you want to learn and how you want to learn it.
Our role is to connect you with your community and alternative support options, to help you better coordinate multiple supports and services, to build the capacity of your information support network.
We are also able to support you to use the NDIS Participant Portal (myplace).
We support you to implement all supports in an indvidualised way, and within your NDIS plan budget. This can include supporting you to:
- Assess a number of mainstream, community, informal and provider support options
- Choose the best options and provider for your needs
- Negotiate the services to be provided and their prices, develop service agreements and create service bookings with your preferred providers
- Arrange any required assessments to determine the type of funding needed
- Decide the budget for each support type and advise any relevant plan manager of the breakdown of funds
- Liaise with any plan manger to establish the appropriate claim categories, and attribute the correct amount of funds
- Link to mainstream or community services; housing, education, transport, health
- Strengthen and enhance your capacity to coordinate your supports, self-direct and manage your supports, and participate in the community, including provide you with assistance to resolve any problems or issues that arise, understand your responsibilities under service agreements, and to change or end a service agreement
- You control how, when and where your services are delivered. We will work with you to understand what you need to live a full, meaningful, happy and confident life.
We will support you to:
- Be involved in your local community by participating in local groups or events
- Explore recreational, creative and sporting preferences
- Maintain or develop new skills
- Link to employment or educational opportunities
- Plan holidays or important social events
- Develop and build skills (individually or in small groups)
- Benefit from mentoring and peer support to develop capability for community participation
- Increase your community access (delivered in a variety of settings to assist you to participate in daily life)
- Utilise our support to link to employment or educational opportunities