We will help improve your speech and confidence.
There are many reasons why people have communication and swallowing problems, including delays when growing-up, stroke, brain injuries, learning disability, intellectual disability, Cerebral Palsy or Dementia.
Difficulties with communication and swallowing can impact your wellbeing and ability to carry out daily activities. A Speech Pathologist can help by:
- Providing you with information about your communication or swallowing problems
- Supporting you to find ways to manage your difficulties
- Educating the people who care for you about the best way to provide you with support
- Supporting you to achieve optimal swallowing and communication skills
A Speech Pathologist is a trained professional who works with people to support improvement in their communication and swallowing abilities, to increase independence, participation in the community and quality of life.
Speech pathologists work with people that have various communication and/or swallowing problems. They will first assess the individuals concerns and then work-out the reason for the concern. They will also give advice, therapy and find the right tools for your needs.
Our Speech Pathology services can offer:
- Appointments at our offices and home visits
- Referral to other services, as appropriate
Healthcare Card / Pension Card holders: $10.10
Non Healthcare Card / Pension Card holders: Based on income range assessment. For more information on fees click here.
Who can use this service and how to make an appointment
Our service is available to people of all ages. We accept self-referral or GP/Hospital or My Aged Care referral.
To book call 1300 234 263 (select option 4) or fill in the contact us form below.
Referral information for Health Professionals can be found here.