We work with you to increase wellbeing and improve your everyday living skills.
At DPV Health, we recongise that meaningful activity and social interaction are important factors that can contribute to maintaining good health.
Newbold Mental Health & Wellness Support program (previously known as Day 2 Day living program) is underpinned by a strengths-based approach and is tailored to your needs, in helping to establish meaningful goals in your daily life. We work with people who have a diagnosed primary mental illness.
DPV Health NDIS Mental Health & Support program is underpinned by a strengths-based approach and is tailored to your needs, in helping to work towards your NDIS goals in your daily life. We work with people who have a diagnosed primary mental illness.
We provide you with a safe and supportive environment, where you have many opportunities to learn ways to increase your quality of life. The program will support you to:
- Increase your individual ability to participate in social, recreational, and educational activities
- Increase your ability to participate in activities of daily living that will enhance your independence in the community.
- Support your to improve your communication skills, both verbal and written
- Improve quality of life by creating an optimal level of health and wellbeing, and independence in the community
- Develop confidence and new skills and/or re-learn old skills
- Develop confidence to learn new skills or relearn old skills that enhances your independence in the community
- Participate in community activities
- Support you to strive for opportunities to join other local interest groups or community activities or educational courses, volunteer or paid employment
- Develop social networks
- Develop skills to initiating and maintaining social networks outside of the program
- Provide structure and routine that supports you to work towards your goals , whilst empowering you to increase your independence and community participation
- Accomplish personal goals
Our program has a holistic focus that includes the following:
- Physical health and wellbeing group
- Social skills
- Education group
- Navigating the internet
- Arts and crafts group
- Singing group
- Cooking and nutrition group
- Accessing the community using public transport
- Social and recreational outings
- Assistance with independent living skills
- Support your access to NDIS
DPV Health’s planner and staff will meet with you to discuss and create a planner for the month ahead, costs of events, outings, and activities are discussed and put into a calendar.
DVP Health staff will discuss and plan structured programs of activities in advance with you that then enable you to work weekly to meet your individual goals.